Friday, October 9, 2009

It's been a moving experience!!

My Goodness!! It has been soooooo very long since I last posted and I have plenty to share with you. First off, we have finally sold our home and moved into Dallas, Texas. We were never really very far from here anyway (around 2 1/2 hours). It is good to be here near our grandchildren and son. We are now watching the children daily and they have been staying with us at night as our son has started a remodeling project in his home and the dust has been flying... Everywhere!

He is having new cabinets, countertops, flooring, tiled back splashes and crown molding put in downstairs and a new shower, bathroom vanity, sinks, fixtures, tile and light fixtures upstairs in both bathrooms. Phew! So, needless to say, his house looks like a dust bowl with everything covered and moved askew. The renovation should be completed by Christmas...at least I hope so.

Our move being completed now, I am finding time to write again. I have just finished a wonderful book called Help by Kathryn Stockett. It is by far one of the best books I've read lately. I am hopeful that I will be able to give you a review on this book within the next few days so check back for my opinions on this book.

With fall here already and Thanksgiving on it's way, I am reminded of being thankful for everything we have. It is all a gift, you know and I sometimes forget it's the little things that we should be most grateful for i.e. good health, eyes with which to see the world with, a good working heart not only for physical reasons but for those "heartfelt" tugs we sometimes feel when something touches us to remind us that we are a human being with feelings.

As I have grown older birds seem to call to me as I watch them eat and soar through the air wondering how they know when its time to travel south, how they travel in formations with many, many, birds in flight and how they search for worms after a rain that have come to the surface. There is a commercial on TV that is for Dawn dish washing liquid that shows people using this product to clean ducks and other animals who become covered in oil after a spill. This commercial speaks to my heart and I become filled with happiness knowing that they were able to save them.

These are just a few of the things I am grateful for and if I listed all of them I'd be here for days because you see, it is the small things that touch the human heart. What are some of the things your feel grateful for?

Et Salut,

No comments: