Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cannes, Nice & Eze, France

These photos were uploaded by NSCHIBI on April 4th,2006 and show the beautiful cities of Cannes, Nice and Eze. I thought I was dreaming when I first saw this slideshow. Such beautiful photos!! Tres Chic.




Cannes, Nice and Ese, France

It seems that the south of France is indeed a mecca of fascinating places to awe and inspire us.

The Cannes Film Festival (le Festival de Cannes) being of interest to me, was founded in 1946 and is the oldest and prestigious film festival. It is privately held annually in May at the Palais des Festivals et des congres, in Cannes.

The Festival's Board of Directors is responsible for appointing the Jurors who will make the decision on who receives the Palmed'Award or (Golden Palm) for best film/short stories. The Jurors are selected from a wide range of international artists based on their work and the respect of their peers. I would J'adore even a sneak peek at the films and short stories up for this prestigious award.

If music is your thing, then the Nice Jazz Fest held annually since 1948 in Nice on the French Rivera would be the place for you. Again, another sneak peek would be fitting for me as I love jazz music and just being able to see and hear legendary artists such as Louis Armstrong, Lionel Hampton, Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles, Ella Fitzgerald, Helen Humes, Herbie Hancock and Miles Davis to name a few perform would be wonderful. This jazz fest is set in the Jardins de Cimiez which houses the Roman amphitheatre which features several separate stages where groups perform simultaneously each evening for 8 days in July. Oh my, it seems it is just about time for the festival again in July. I wonder who will be heading the line-up?

And last but not least, Eze, a medieval village perched in an "eagle's nest" at the height of an imposing cliff where you are able to see the French Rivera from the cliff also sounds inviting. With wonderful cobblestone streets, shops and two perfume factories which you can tour offers a glimpse of a more relaxed way of life. If you are unable to stay overnight, several hours would allow you the time to check out this city. I don't know about you, but after the film festival, the jazz festival I'm ready for a nice relaxing visit where I can meander at my leisure.

I hope you have enjoyed the south of France. What city tickles your fancy and how would you spend your visit?

Au Revoir

No comments: