Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Reading



With summer officially here, I can think of no better way to relax and enjoy the sun than by sitting on the porch with a good book and an ice cold drink...perhaps tea, iced coffee, water or a cool ice cream drink by my side. After recently reading Prayers for Sale, I received my order from Amazon on two delightful books I can't wait to read.




The Allure of Chanel was written by Paul Morand who was given the opportunity to write Coco Chanel's memoirs which were put in a drawer until one year after her death in 1971. In his conversations with her, she details her friendships, the men in her life, her philosophy of fashion and the story behind the legendary Chanel No5. I cannot wait to hold this little white book in my hands. She is the epitome of style and class, a woman who in my opinion has earned the respect and admiration from women all around the world.



True Pleasures, written by Lucinda Holdforth has chosen women from Paris who were rule breakers and style setters i.e. Colette, Nancy Mitford, Marie Antoinette, Coco Chanel, Napoleon's Josephine and Edith Wharton all of which shared one simple passion-PARIS, the world's headquarters of femininity.

I hope you will check back to read the reviews as I take myself out onto the porch, drink of choice in hand to enjoy summer afternoons reading and enjoying the warm winds of summer.

Ciao

No comments: