Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Winter Wonderland... Inside Skating Lessons

Oh to be a child again (sigh). I never learned to ice skate but I can roller skate. Given that, we and by we I mean our son, and the both of us decided to see if the grandkids wanted to learn how to skate. So ... we enrolled them in lessons. Once a week on Saturday for the next 6 weeks Josh and Isabella will be trying to learn how to ice skate. Each session is 30 minutes long and is probably a good thing for beginners as trying to stand up on the ice is a bit frustrating to say the least. Here are a few shots of them in action. (Click on the pictures if you want to enlarge them)

This picture (below) is of the ice rink where they take their lessons.

Because Christmas is right around the corner, they are setting up the christmas tree in the middle of the ice rink. Very picturesque wouldn't you say?


Josh skating without help from instructor.

Bella in the line-up getting ready to try it on her own.

Both kids down for the count. (Ouch)

Bella starting to balance and glide.

Josh getting his legs and balance figured out.

A very silly Christmas picture showing amazing energy still after skating, playing, walking through the mall for nearly 3 hours (wish the adults had that much energy at the beginning of the day!).


So, there you have it! I have yet to put on ice skates but am wondering if it STILL might be possible for a 50's something women to try? What do you think?

1 comment:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

They look as if they are doing very well. I was like you as a child. I had 'Jacko' skates and roller skated all the time. I was pretty good at it.....oh how I loved those skates. We didn't have an ice rink near to where we lived, so I never learned either. Being a 'fifty something' too, I think I'd like to try. Shame we don't live near each other. We could have gone together and given each other moral support. XXXX